Areas of Expertise/An Integrative Approach
There are many psychotherapy approaches and tools that can be helpful, when we use them at the right time. I believe it is most useful to tailor our approach to your individual needs, learning style and personality.
As a Psychotherapist, I
- Listen for what you say, feel and mean, seeking to understand what life is like for you and what kind of life you desire.
- Ask what you feel and believe about yourself and the world.
- Help you connect with your internal and external resources for coping and change.
- Consider how patterns and habits may be helping or keeping you stuck.
- Provide information, feedback and guidance.
- Help with coping, recovery and healing from life's most challenging and painful experiences.
- Help you pursue your meaningful goals.
- Plan with you ways to support your progress in between sessions and help positive changes last.
- Look toward your creating more meaningful ways to approach daily life, relationships, health and emotional well being.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
develops our ability to understand and modify thinking, feelings and behavior.
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
Mindfulness is a practice that develops our ability to notice more and react less.
Trauma and PTSD
Trauma and PTSD treatment requires a combination of approaches to ease and relieve symptoms in a manageable way and to enhance self compassion, healing and well being.
Humanistic, Person Centered, Strength Based Therapies
Our worst views of ourselves can be reassessed and begin to change as they come into daylight. Focusing on our strengths helps us to find the courage to change.
Positive Psychology and Life Coaching
We can focus on improving performance and satisfaction in specific areas of life.
Breathing Techniques, Meditation, Mindfulness, Movement Techniques, Guided Imagery, Naturally occurring Hypnosis
These tools can improve the resiliency of your nervous system and, over time, increase your everyday level of well being.
Family Systems Therapy- Couples Therapy
Some family and couples rules, patterns and communication styles can be helpful and healthy, while others may be causing distress and leaving members stuck in their lives.
Integrating Diverse Approaches to Therapy
It has been wonderful to witness the many times when clients make progress in a few areas of life and then, almost magically, find life improving in areas they did not even focus on. Being able to integrate various approaches and the tools that go with them assist with your feeling better and creating lasting changes.